Welcome to the 3rd Uganda International Oil & Gas Summit
The Uganda International Oil & Gas Summit (UIOGS) is a prestigious government led conference which will provide a platform to discuss the development and best practice of Uganda’s already thriving oil and gas industry.
UIOGS takes place on 27 – 28 September 2017 in Kampla. UIOGS provides a platform for the government and State Companies to engage with international and local investors, ensuring all participants have key opportunities to share knowledge, explore current challenges and examine the most prominent investment opportunities in Uganda and throughout the region.
UIOGS is Uganda’s official event and the Ministry of Energy & Mineral Development will be using this platform to actively engage with all our partners and suppliers from around the world.
Hon. Eng. Irene Muloni, Minister for Energy & Mineral Development
- Provide a highly strategic, informative and dynamic annual conference platform
- Engage all stakeholders in both the public and private sector throughout the region to ensure that the conference delivers to the needs of the market that is serves
- Serve as a platform for the Ministry, National Oil Company and the Independents to promote their opportunities in the oil and gas sector in Uganda
- Promote Uganda as an investment destination showcasing current and upcoming investment opportunities
- Attract international and regional investors and to promote partnerships with local companies
- Highlight the importance of local content in projects undertaken in Uganda
- Promote Uganda as an important global oil and gas resource holder
- Encourage international knowledge transfer on all issues from exploration and production to local content
- Draw on experiences and lessons learnt from throughout the world
- Help to promote the existence of hydrocarbon resources as a real benefit to the people of Uganda
- Ensure best practise solutions and give the opportunity for companies to put forward latest ideas
- Give Uganda a window to the world and ensure the presence of leading players united at one time